Top Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the tax changes for this year?
- Is there an age limit on claiming my child as a dependent?
- How much does an unmarried dependent student have to make before he or she has to file an income tax return?
- If I claim my daughter as a dependent because she is a full-time college student, can she claim herself as a dependent when she files her return?
- Can I receive a tax refund if I am currently making payments under an installment agreement or payment plan for a prior year's federal taxes?
- For head of household filing status, do you have to claim a child as a dependent to qualify?
- What should I do if I made a mistake on my federal return that I have already filed?
- What is a split refund?
- How do I know if I have to file quarterly individual estimated tax payments?
- I retired last year, and started receiving social security payments. Do I have to pay taxes on my social security benefits?
Frequently Asked Question Categories
- IRS Procedures
- Filing Requirements, Status, Dependents, Exemptions
- Itemized Deductions, Standard Deductions
- Interest, Dividends, Other Types of Income
- Retirement Plans
- Social Security Income
- Child Care Credit, Other Credits
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Estimated Tax
- Capital Gains, Losses, Sale of Home
- Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals
- Small Business, Self Employed, Other Business
- U.S. Aliens and Citizens Living Abroad
- Electronic Filing (e file)
- Electronic Filers
- Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)